Web hosting

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:30 AM
First, you have made an excellent control!
Second, After working the whole night and getting everything working nicely, I was ready to upload to the hosting site.
And got... PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.
System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +2709488

I checked the hosting web site which has medium settings, and allows OleDb , sockets, fileaccess etc..

So my question really is:
Do you know what is required in order to use your assembly.
Is it necessary to install it into the GAC?
(And if so, can one then rule out the possibility to run on a typical web hosting site?)
Thankns in advance
Anders

Feb 4, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Adding to my previous post I think I found a solution. (It runs on my webhost anyway in partial trust mode)
The solution was to uncheck "generate unsafe code" in the project build properties for the websurvey project

A few other small notes:
in order to have surveys in different directories I set the SurveyFile property in the load event of the aspx page that loads the survey. Subsequently the websurvey type in it's load event uses this property to find the right path.

in order to have validation on the radiobutton list I uncommented the code in the Evaluate method of the ListControlValidator, works fine for me.