Latest Build Rendering Still Not XHTML Compliant

Mar 4, 2008 at 3:41 PM
Steve,

I've downloaded and installed your latest build and it looks like the rendered code is still not XHTML compliant. Any chance in the near future of making this a templated composite control so that users can better control what is rendered to the browser?

Jeff Lynch
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2008 at 7:01 PM
Jeff,

Hi. Thanks for brining this back to my attention. It's actually something I've been thinking about for a long time. WebSurvey was written long before I knew anything about standards, and then by the time I did learn about standards, my time to work on WebSurvey had dropped off significantly.

I would really like to see the resulting markup be XHTML compliant, but I don't know when I'll get to it. I think the biggest issue is that .NET renders things like RadioButtonLists as tables by default, and I don't have a lot of experience overriding this behavior (though I do have some ideas as to how to handle it). A templated control is a very good idea actually.

I will look into it, but I would certainly welcome contributions from (or others) to help get the ball rolling on this, as my time is quite limited these days.

-Steve
Mar 8, 2008 at 8:31 PM
Steve,

I'd be happy to help out and I've been working on several control adapters for standard ASP.NET controls that eliminate some of the "questionable" HTML they render.

If you're interested, just let me know.

Jeff Lynch
MVP Windows Server System - Commerce Server
http://codebetter.com/blogs/jeff.lynch
jeffrey.t.lynch@nospamcomcast.net