Can't Compile release 16876 in VS2008

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:34 AM
Hi,

I download your survey DLL and am successfully using this on a webpage. However I downloaded release 16876 in order to add in some SMTP authentication. However I am getting 6 errors when building complaining about the ButtonType.Back, Next, Submit etc in the function AddButtonToPanel. Am I missing something in order to get this compiling? These button types don't exist in the MS ButtonType class.

Thanks

Al
Coordinator
May 3, 2008 at 7:02 AM
Al,

ButtonType is an enumeration that lives in the file ButtonType.cs. If the compiler is complaining about that, then I would guess you either didn't get the file for some reason (not sure why that would be, as I just checked the source and it is definitely there). Or perhaps, the file is not included as part of the solution.

Can you verify that you physically have the file on disk? It may just be a matter of adding the file to your solution to make the compiler happy.

Hope this helps,
-Steve
May 5, 2008 at 10:05 AM
Hi Steve,

Just checked that I have the ButtonType.cs file you mentioned. It is indeed both on the disk and included in the solution, however it appears to be a 0 byte file with no content. Global.cs is the same. I redownload the latest zip and checked that those files are the same in the original zip and they seem to be.

Cheers

Al
Coordinator
May 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM
Al,

Are you saying that those two files are 0 bytes in the zip?

When I browse the source manually, I can see that they definitely have content... let me know if the zip seems like it's screwed up for you, and I'll see what I can figure out.

-Steve
Developer
Jun 8, 2008 at 2:45 PM
I download latest source, but the problem with ButtonType.cs persist. Can't compile because of that.

Regards
AKa
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2008 at 1:53 AM
Weird... it does somehow seem like some of the files in the ZIP are screwed up.

I will try to rezip and reupload when I get a chance.

Developer
Jun 9, 2008 at 8:48 PM
Hi,
I saw you posted new source into repository. But ButtonType.cs  and some other files are still empty (0 kb).

Regards
AKa
Developer
Jun 9, 2008 at 8:57 PM
Are you sure you sending newest code? Because if I use reflector on your latest dll,  i see you overrides OnInit. But in code you sent to repository is OnInit not overrides...

Regards
AKa
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2008 at 1:41 AM
Aka,

Yeah, clearly things are a little screwed up at the moment.  My apologies.

I'm going to try to get this all sorted out (hopefully soon).

Developer
Jun 22, 2008 at 10:49 AM
Hi Steve,
with source code seem to be ok now!

Thanks
AKa